Sunday, July 13, 2008

Zette's Girlz...................

A little over two years ago these two beautiful girls came in to my life. They were brought in by their father who had tragically lost their beloved mother quite suddenly to an illness. Although it was obvious to me very early on that Greg was a very nurturing and loving father...he didn't feel equipped to raise his daughters on his own. On June 24th, 2006 I became their step mother. Already a mother of 5 grown children and cherishing that title over any other...I was greatly honored to "step" in.

Family means everything to us, but under these circumstances and life in general...it's not easy to keep connected. The main purpose of this blog is to not only journal the lives of Rachel (almost 14) and Jessica (now 5), but to keep loved ones up to date on the "comings and goings" and the "trials and triumphs" of these precious girls.

I am greatly humbled by this awesome responsibility. I consciously take every action knowing that their mother is watching over us. I will do my very best to love them the way their mother would, to raise them in a manner that is pleasing to her and our Heavenly Father...for I know that one day they will be reunited.

2 comments:

US... said...

Thank you. You are doing an amazing job.

Anonymous said...

Tears stream down my face as I read your blog. Thanks for being who you are. With sincere appreciation! Jenny